What is Remedial Therapy and how to avail the best remedial therapy in Mumbai.
What is remedial therapy?
It is a multifaceted approach, tailoring remedial intervention plans to a child’s specific needs. It makes use of one-on-one instruction, small group instruction, written work, verbal work and computer-based work. It focuses on skills rather than on content. The Remedial Therapy provided uses behaviour teaching methods, which have clearly defined goals and strategies and is tailored and customized to each child’s specific needs. Within the remedial therapy sessions, children are involved in individual / group activities, gross motor and fine motor activities which are scheduled to form a part of and into the child’s daily routine.
- Functional skills – Daily routine
- Gross and Fine motor skills – sensory
- Language / Vocabulary Development
- Social and behaviour skills
- Academics and functional academics
- Help is offered to learners who need assistance. These are often children who function at a lower than average level because of a certain learning- or behavioural problem/disorder, but it can also be offered to pupils who achieve at a higher than average level, they too can do with the extra attention and care
- An experienced group of nurturing educators who with unconditional positive regard, endless patience and innovative methodologies help each child with special education needs. They help deal with the complexities of their academic difficulties with greater ease and strategically carve a niche in their specific areas of excellence.
Remedial Education (RE) is a part of Special Education solutions. It is a therapy which utilizes special teaching strategies for children with different types of learning difficulties. These may include students diagnosed with Learning Disabilities, Attention Deficit/ Hyperactivity Disorder, Autism and other special needs. RE tries to improve upon the deficient skills of the child.
RE is provided in a structured setting in schools or therapy centres providing similar services. This can be done in a group
- improve focus and work habits
- work on basic concepts like logical categorisation and analytical skills
- build skills and strategies which help them manage learning or attention issues and improve school work
- improve attention skills and phonetics awareness
- help with the child’s academic skills, social communication and boosts self-confidence
- teach time management and organisational skills
- provide a safe environment for discussing school and to learn how to self-advocate
- act as a link between home and school
A remedial therapist is a person who helps students to overcome learning disabilities. They focus on assisting individuals who suffer from conditions that interfere with learning, such as ADD, ADHD, and those with language and reasoning disabilities such as dyslexia (difficulty with reading, writing, and spelling) and dyscalculia (difficulty with mathematics).
When learning problems go undetected, children develop feelings of hopelessness, and as they become increasingly aware of their ‘failure’ and lack of achievement, they spiral downward and are eventually labelled as lazy or ‘problem’ children. Emotional problems that develop in children with learning difficulties can be more debilitating than the learning difficulty itself.
Remedial therapists usually examine their students' workbooks and working sheets for indications of their problems, and then test them to confirm or diagnose them. They make use of various remedial aids and methods and advise teachers and parents on ways to assist the students concerned.
Also read: What is individual psychotherapy and how does it help
The process of receiving RE is:
- A Psycho-educational Assessment
- Forming an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) based on the above assessment
- Remedial Education Sessions based on the IEP
Some of the Centres in Mumbai to avail the best Remedial Therapy are :
Best Remedial Therapist in Mumbai
Mpower- The Centre , Hughes road
1/155, 15, Nyaymurti Sitaram
Patkar Marg, Khareghat
Colony, Hughes Road,
Mumbai - 400 007.
+91 22 2385 6228,
+91 97028 00044
Mpower - The foundation, Tardeo
22B, Vasantrao N Naik Marg,
Opp. Bhatia Hospital, Tardeo,
Mumbai - 400 007.
+91 22 2386 8650,
+91 22 2387 5147,
+91 81087 99299
To contact us click here: https://mpowerminds.com/seekhelp